Monday, June 18, 2012

Pink Horrors Becoming Plaguebearers (WIP)

Welcome back fellow scratchbuilders!  Today I'll show you the progress I made on the former big handed Pink Horrors and how they're coming along so far in their defection to Nurgle.




This is the first squad of seven Plaguebearers.  As you can see, the main body was the old big handed Pink Horrors, but I've cut those off using a dremel tool and replaced the arms with Saurus and Bloodletter arms.  On some of the models I've added mutations or distended bellies to add some flavor to the models and differentiate them from each other.  I've painted the models with a dark green, gradually adding filthy brown from Vallejo to the skin tones.  The bones are typical brown with a bone color laid on top and covered with a brown ink.  The weapons I followed the previous technique and used Sophisticated Finishes Rust solution set.

So what needs to be done yet?  Plenty!  I'd still like to do some work around the eyes, hilight some areas to be a little more filthy brown than they are yet, pick out the mutations and small bulges, and sculpt some bases which properly reflect the plague nature of these beasties.

Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making my weekly themed top-x. Hope you don't mind the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always an honor to be featured on your fine blog, HOTpanda! Thank you for the shout out and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete